The first version of Guidance on harmonised information relating to emergency health response – Annex VIII to CLP was published in March 2019 and is available in the Guidance section of ECHA’s website.
The document provides guidance on the interpretation and application of the new Annex VIII to the CLP Regulation, which sets out the requirements for submitting information on hazardous mixtures placed on the market to appointed bodies in Member States. The information is ultimately used by poison centres for emergency response.
The document contains information on:
- the types of mixtures for which information is required under Annex VIII to CLP;
- the information that needs to be submitted;
- who should submit the information and from when;
- what to consider when preparing to submit information;
- how to generate and use the unique formula identifier (UFI);
- how to use the European Product Categorisation System (EuPCS), a harmonised system for product categorisation;
- the harmonised XML reporting format; and
- the changes or new information that require an update to be made to a notification.
The document was prepared by ECHA with the support of a dedicated working group representing various stakeholders, which assisted the Agency in defining the scope of the guidance and in drafting the text, according to areas of expertise and interest.
In 2018, the document underwent a formal consultation with ECHA’s partners, namely the Partner Experts Group, the Forum, the Member State competent authorities and the Commission. The draft texts, comments received and ECHA’s answers from each stage of the consultation are available on ECHA’s web page on closed guidance consultations.