- 2 May 2018 Watch our UFI webinar
Did you miss our webinar? Our latest webinar explains what the unique formula identifier (UFI) is and how it can be used. It also describes tools and support for generating and using the UFI for hazardous and non-hazardous mixtures. Watch it below.
- 30 April 2018 Pilot project to assess new PCN format
The pilot project will assess the usability of the developed Poison Centres Notification (PCN) format for industry, appointed bodies and poison centres. The project will also make it possible for industry to generate notifications in .xml file format, appointed bodies and poison centres will be able to receive, extract and read the .xml files and highlight stakeholders’ support needs from the IT and business perspective.
- 18 April 2018 Webinar: using the UFI for your products and mixtures
This webinar explains what the unique formula identifier (UFI) is and how it can be used. It also describes available tools and support for generating and using the UFI for hazardous and non-hazardous mixtures...
- 18 April 2018 Newsletter article: get the full UFI overview
If you or someone you know has ever been accidentally exposed to a chemical product, you can pick up the phone and call a poison centre to ask for medical advice.
- 20 March 2018 European product categorisation system is online
The European product categorisation system (EuPCS) describes ‘the intended use of a mixture’ for which a submission has to be made according to Article 45 and Annex VIII of the CLP Regulation. Examples of intended uses include the use as an adhesive, as a decorative paint, or as a dishwashing detergent.
- 16 March 2018 Draft guidance published
The first draft of the guidance on the interpretation and application of the new Annex to the CLP Regulation has been published.
- 2 March 2018 Consultation of draft Guidance on new Annex to CLP
The consultation of the draft guidance on the interpretation and application of the new Annex VIII to the CLP Regulation has been launched. The annex deals with harmonised information relating to emergency health response ultimately used by poison centres.
- 27 February 2018 What is a UFI?
What does it mean for your product labels? Do you need it and how do you get it? A new publication and an animated video have the answers.
- 8 February 2018 Watch the workshop presentations
The second workshop on the implementation of Annex VIII to CLP Regulation took place in Bruseels on 1 February 2018.
- 27 October 2017 Feasibility study on notification portal finalised
ECHA has received the study report on the feasibility of developing a central notification portal for information on mixtures for poison centres. The study has been prepared by Trasys.
- 19 October 2017 Missed our webinar?
Don’t worry, a video recording and the presentations are available online.
- 21 September 2016 EU countries vote in favour of the European Commission’s proposal to harmonise hazard and safety information for use by Poison Centres
EU countries have voted in favour of a Commission proposal which will improve the availability of information on chemicals, needed in case of poisoning.
- 5 April 2016 EU Commission is finalising its proposal for the harmonisation of information according to Art. 45 CLP
This is the result of a long process started in 2010 with the consultation of stakeholders, appointed bodies, poison centres and Member States competent authorities. The regulation is expected to be published in early autumn 2016.