Registration Dossier

Data platform availability banner - registered substances factsheets

Please be aware that this old REACH registration data factsheet is no longer maintained; it remains frozen as of 19th May 2023.

The new ECHA CHEM database has been released by ECHA, and it now contains all REACH registration data. There are more details on the transition of ECHA's published data to ECHA CHEM here.

Diss Factsheets

Toxicological information

Toxic effects on livestock and pets

Currently viewing:

Administrative data

Description of key information

Expert Judgement

The distribution of talc taken up orally was examined in Syrian golden hamsters. After a single administration of talc the elimination of radioactivity was determined in the urine and faeces. Within 96 h of dosing, a total of 94.4% of the radioactivity was recovered in the feces and 0.2% was recovered in the urine, with a total of 94.6% of the dose being excreted over 96 h and therefore talc not bioaccumulation potential. Due to the absence of chemical groups or other structural alerts this substance is not considered to exhibit an high hazard potential. Therefore testing for Toxic effects on livestock and pets does not need to be performed.

Additional information