Keep the information up to date
The information contained in a submission made to a poison centre must at all times accurately reflect the product on the market.
Whenever your product changes in a way that concerns information requirements, this needs to be reflected in an update of the existing submission.
Develop fit for purpose processes for monitoring and change management and make sure that all information regarding changes to the product portfolio, formulations, and classification and labelling are considered not only for the initial submission, but also for future updates.
In some cases, submission updates will replace outdated information with new information, such as when:
- you change the 24/7 emergency phone number required for a limited submission;
- the classification of the mixture has changed.
In other cases, updates will add to the information already provided, which will remain relevant for the poison centre, for example:
- you rename your product (but the mixture composition remains the same);
- you repackage your product in a new type of packaging;
- new toxicological information becomes available.